Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mr. McClung's reflection

In Mr. McClung's post I realized why I have been against technology in the classroom, selfishness. I have been thinking of myself instead of thinking of what may be best for the students learning experience. Randy Pausch helped change my mind and Mr. McClung's post helped me realize why I thought the way I did. Many teachers do the same things I did and think of their personal learning ways and not the students. Some students may still be paper and pencil students but in today's technological society most people use technology to live everyday life, this doesn't stop when the students get to school. Students use the technology outside of school so why not have them learn subject material using the resources they already understand, whether you understand it or not.

3 comments:

  1. I agree why not use technology the students already are comfortable using it. If we do not learn to use new things how can we expect the students to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are so right! Many teachers lose sight of the true goal, the student's learning experience. We should want them to have the best experience possible with every resource possible! Technology is taking over the world! We might as well embrace it and make our society technologically literate so we do not get lost in the world because technology will be used whether you want it to or not. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris,

    Thanks for a great post!
    I am really glad that you were able to actually not let your personal feelings overcome what it really means to teach a student. Students need all the tools they can get to be successful, and I think the more tools they are exposed to gives them a higher chance of being successful.

    Great post,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete